X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 134LRS
    • Apr 2012

CNC Service?

Greetings,

I wanted to see if there is anyone out there with a CNC who would be interested in quoting me a price on my latest project?

It will be a pair of 4T SE's. I'll need the cuts made, nothing fancy and to include still "to be determined" hard wood baffles.

Thanks for your time, I felt that I'd keep this short and to the point.

-Bill
  • dsrviola
    • Oct 2007

I don't know if you've already tried this, but I know there's a guy on the PE Board who's offered CNC services.

Comment

• joeybutts
      • Sep 2009

Contact Elemental Designs. They will do it for you.

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dsrviola
        I don't know if you've already tried this, but I know there's a guy on the PE Board who's offered CNC services.
        I'm guessing you're thinking of Nik Brewer. He recently posted that he's busy with his car audio, but will do custom baffles for PE boxes. Like Joey, he recommend ED for more custom work.

Want a second or third opinion about your speaker cabinet design or other audio related problem? Post your question or comment on the Technical Discussion Board. Hundreds of technicians, engineers, and hobbyists, nationwide read and discuss electronics related questions each week. We welcome your participation
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• NateTTU
          • Jul 2007

Just a suggestion, but check around locally and see if there are any CNC machine hobbyist in your area. I found a rather large group here in Dallas and many of them welcomed the opportunity to build some speakers. Prices have been very reasonable since most of them jump on any chance to get work on their machines. Since it also can be close you can avoid shipping charges as well.

Best of luck.
          Last edited by NateTTU; 15 April 2012, 22:25 Sunday.

Comment

• AdelaaR
            • Dec 2010

Check with big wood stores.
            In Gent, the nearest big city around here, I found a big wood import store where you can basicly get any panel or any wood CNC cut to any size.
            They even have a cool system that automaticly picks the panels from their storage, so the process is completely automized and quite cheap.

Comment

• 134LRS
              • Apr 2012

Thank you all for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

NateTTU: I too found a hobbyist locally (here in Omaha) who is interested in helping me out. I'm gonna go over details with him this week.

-Bill

Comment

• Jed
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Apr 2005

I recommend having the components in hand if going with a CNC route as driver tolerances vary, and I've had many parts not fit by going only by the manufacturer's drawings.

Comment

• TacoD
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jed
                  I recommend having the components in hand if going with a CNC route as driver tolerances vary, and I've had many parts not fit by going only by the manufacturer's drawings.
                  I fully agree, measure the actual drivers. Also compensate for paint, on some occasions the drivers didn't fit any more after paint. So instead of removing this paint I advise to make the cut out slightly bigger (1 mm on total radius for 18 cm/ 6.5" woofers).

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"