X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levi_sawyer
    • Mar 2012

On Wall Natalie P Question

I am about to start a on wall Natalie p build. This will be my first speaker build. I want to have a Natalie p on wall with no sub so I have decided to port it the problem is I have some size restrictions. The 1 cubic foot box that PE sells is 22 high 13.5 deep and 9 wide. The boxes I want to build will be 28 high 11 deep and 9 wide this should measure up to a internal volume of 1.09 feet. The problem is the port. I plugged the 2 inch port and a length of 9 inches in to Win ISD and just tried to match the graph with a port that is 7.5 inches wide one inch tall and 11 inches long. Attached is a photo of what I would like to do if some one can let me know if a bend in the port like this will work or not. Any in put would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Port out the bottom?
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ---k---
      Port out the bottom?
      That's going to be the way to do- a 7.5" by 1" port is MUCH larger in area than the original, so it has to be longer for the same tuning. Also, hate to say this, but a port originating at an enclosure wall is not the best practice- it will work, after a fashion, but at the enclosure boundaries, the pressure is high and the velocity low- doesn't work as well for the port loading/interface.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• levi_sawyer
        • Mar 2012

Ideally I would like for the port to be front mounted but if it is going to change the sq then it can be side top or bottom just not to the back because it will be on the wall. I just want what will sound the best. The problem I found with the 2 inch port is the length is too long to side mount and I don't know if top or bottom mount will physically work if so the port will have to be close to the wall for the port to clear the speaker magnet. If it is on wall and I can change the front baffle width then it could be side mounted.
        Last edited by levi_sawyer; 22 March 2012, 18:59 Thursday.

Comment

• levi_sawyer
          • Mar 2012

I messuredit up and it looks like I'm just going to have the 2" port out the bottom.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"