X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muskiehunter
    • Mar 2010

Tube subwoofer Ideas

I have a 16 inch steel pipe with 3/8 walls 22" long. Thinking of making down firing sub out of it. Any metal fab is no problem. I was planning on welding four 3/4 to 1 inch round stock legs to support it off the floor. Then welding a top out of 3/8 plate steel. Then just welding in a ring and threading them to accept a dayton 15" sub...RSS390HO-4

I would paint the steel black and make a wood top, double duty as a table.
    Plans right now is to make it passive.

Do these dimensions make any sense?

Not sure what amp to use. Suggestions for a moderate budget $400-500.

Should I add a port? or just use sealed.
  • jliedeka
    • Nov 2008

Assuming 16" is inner diameter, you are looking at about 72 liters or 2.6 cubic feet less a bit for the driver. Off the top of my head, that would be an OK sealed size for the Dayton Reference 12-inch HF driver.

I'd get the TS params for drivers you are considering and run them through a box calculator. WinISD is free but there are also some on-line box calculators.

Jim

Comment

• Txgrizzly
      • Jun 2009

all i can say is i hope you have friends to move it around ...not sure what steel would do for the harmonics... might want to think about putting a layer of linoleum floor tiles on the inner walls as an added layer of acoustic damping

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"