X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellomotto
    • Mar 2012

Noob looking for some help.

First I want to clarify that I am a completely new to speaker building. I have not even soldered anything before. I am looking to create a speaker system, which I imagine should be fairly straight forward.

I am looking for some help/direction, even if it is just to direct me to some good websites for more information. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Project Goal:
    Create a small speaker system that uses 1 woofer & 1 tweeter. The Speaker system will be connected via Bluetooth. So, it would have only one wire leaving the box and that is to power the system. There won’t be any input/output plugs, volume button, etc.

What I think I will need:
    • Power Supply
    • Crossover
    • Amplifier
    • Woofer
    • Tweeter

Power Supply:
    When looking around it seems pretty easy to find a power supply that plugs into an outlet & on the other end it has some sort of connecter, but I don’t quite know what I would need to buy to plug this connector into? I am also hoping to find a way to provide power via USB (This will be inside the box only) to power a Bluetooth module.

Crossover:
    From my understanding, a crossover basically tells what sound frequencies certain speakers should play. So, if the song has some low frequency sounds then it should be played out of the woofer and the higher frequencies should be played out of the tweeter.

Amplifier:
    I need a pretty simple amplifier, just to make sure there is enough power going to the speakers, so they can be turned up loud enough.
    I included 2 pictures. One is to give you an idea of what I have in mind and the other one is a diagram of how I picture everything would be setup.

Questions:
    Should there be something between the wall outlet power & Amplifier?
    Those pink circles in the 2nd picture, how would I split the wires to connect the speakers?
    Where would the crossover go?
    Am I looking at everything correctly or am I completely off base here?
    How would I include a USB power port for the blue tooth module?
    Attached Files
  • paully
    • Mar 2012

looks like you're taking on a very technical project for a noob. how is the amp powered? mains level? if so to make a USB power port easier to build just buy a wall charger form ebay for 5 bucks and pull the guts out. for this project why use a separate tweeter amd driver. just use a 2 or 3 way car speaker. everything is built in and it'll sound great.

goodluck!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"