X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CADman_ks
    • Jan 2012

Getting ready to build Ochos...

I think that I'm going to start cutting wood tomorrow for my Ocho's.

I have a question about stuffing that I need to think about BEFORE I totally see my boxes and get too far.

I think that I would rather do stuffing inside of the boxes, as opposed to on the sides.

Will this be OK, and if so, does anyone have any ideas about how much I should use?

CADman_ks
    CADman_ks
    - Stentorian build...
    - Ochocinco build...
    - BT speaker / sub build...
  • CADman_ks
    • Jan 2012

Ooopps...

Originally posted by CADman_ks

I think that I would rather do stuffing inside of the boxes, as opposed to on the sides.

I forgot that I had already asked this question once before, here:

The parts have been ordered for my Stentorians. In the build notes, Curt states that it would be better to at least add 1/2" to the front baffle. That makes some sense. However, I'm going to need to buy an extra 1/2 sheet of MDF, and I was going to get 3/4". If I double the baffle to 3/4" is there anything

After reading this, I think that I'm going to use some poly stuffing on my cabs, as opposed to the fiberglass that ---k--- used when he built his.

I'm going to essentially have a double thickness front baffle. I'm going to need to do some routing on my final front baffle AFTER the cabs are totally built. If I use fiberglass, I have to get that in there BEFORE I put on the first front baffle. But if I do that, then sawdust will get in the cab when I'm doing the routing on the final holes, and I don't really want all of that sawdust in there stuck in the fiberglass.

By using poly fill after the fact I should be able to blow out the cabs pretty good and / or vacuum them out to get out all residual sawdust...

CADman_ks
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:35 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url
    CADman_ks
    - Stentorian build...
    - Ochocinco build...
    - BT speaker / sub build...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"