X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoDestiny
    • Jan 2009

Noobster build: Tweeter swap question.

Hey gang,

Ive been helping friends build speakers over the last few years and have LOVED the journey. A friend recently approached me and asked about building some speakers on a pretty strict budget. I brought him to another friend, who built the Noobters a few years back, to have a listen. He loved it! He was sold and wanted to build those...

The Noobsters requires the Vifa DX25TG-05 . This product is discontinued! Would these work as well...DX25TG09? Are they much different from the DX25TG-05's? (not sure if 05 or 09 means much of anything...)

If not, 2 follow up questions...
    1. Is there an updated crossover build for these great budget speakers with different tweeters?
    2. If not, is there another great set with a similar price that would work?

Sorry for the crossover ignorance... it's something I've always wanted to learn more of (I understand the basics of slope order, zobels, L-pad, etc... but beyond that confuses me quickly). Just want to help my friend get up and going ASAP.

Thanx!
    Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 18:36 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url
  • speeddemon
    • Feb 2012

Looking at the T/S parameters those tweeters are not the same. The frequency response graphs are different as well. I would say that those are not drop in replacements.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"