X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulie
    • Jul 2008

Scanspeak HDS D2608-9130?

Would the Scanspeak D2608-9130 tweeter work well for an LR2 crossover between 2500hz and 3000hz ? Mid would be either Scanspeak 15W4531 or Wavecor WF152BD. Thanks.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Yes, that can be done, as regards the tweeter itself. Woofer choice is pretty important too. Here's an example. I'm sure there may be others, but I don't know of them personally.

Modula MT HE

The finished design in this case was at ~ 2 kHz. THD sweep of the finished design, using Seas ER189RNX, shows fairly low distortion overall through the midrange and HF crossover, so I'd say the tweeter wasn't being overworked. The output SPL for that sweep was 90 dB at one meter. ACO Pacific mic with calibrator reference.

Last edited by theSven; 06 December 2023, 21:22 Wednesday. Reason: Update url
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• gornir
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Paulie
      Would the Scanspeak D2608-9130 tweeter work well for an LR2 crossover between 2500hz and 3000hz ? Mid would be either Scanspeak 15W4531 or Wavecor WF152BD. Thanks.
      Yes it can be done. I personally used the above drivers in my "Revelation Two - Monitor" design. These are great driver units and they sound fantastic. My design though is a LR4 topology.

For inspiration and further details see:

Revelation Two - Monitor

Regards

Author of the "AudioExcite Loudspeaker Design" website

http://www.audioexcite.com

Comment

• Paulie
        • Jul 2008

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the D2608-9130 would have enough low end to work with an LR2 crossover. Maybe I'll just give it a try and if it doesn't work out I could just go with an LR4 crossover.

Originally posted by gornir
        Yes it can be done. I personally used the above drivers in my "Revelation Two - Monitor" design. These are great driver units and they sound fantastic. My design though is a LR4 topology.

For inspiration and further details see:

Revelation Two - Monitor

Regards
        Thats a nice design. I'm kind of surprised there was that much difference between your tweeters. I had hoped Scanspeaks tolorances would be a little better. Thanks.

Comment

• gornir
          • Oct 2011

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the D2608-9130 would have enough low end to work with an LR2 crossover. Maybe I'll just give it a try and if it doesn't work out I could just go with an LR4 crossover.
          This tweeter can be used as low as 1500Hz without distortion becomes an issue. Give it a try.

Thats a nice design. I'm kind of surprised there was that much difference between your tweeters. I had hoped Scanspeaks tolorances would be a little better. Thanks.
          Thank you Paulie.

It surprised me to, but don't get discouraged by it. It's a great tweeter and it sounds awesome. It's only in the top-end they measure differently and it doesn't affect the cross-over design. Despite how hard I've listening to them, I can't hear a difference between them.

For the price and the fact that this is the simpler ScanSpeak Discovery series it's still a high performer and the tolerance is acceptable.

In my design I wanted to take advantage of the fantastic mid-range reproduction of the 15W, hence the high cross-over frequency of 2900Hz. With this high cross-over frequency the tweeter isn't stressed at all even at higher listening levels.

Merry Christmas!

Author of the "AudioExcite Loudspeaker Design" website

http://www.audioexcite.com

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"