X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coconutout
    • Oct 2006

driver damage from cold temperature?

Do you think im stressing my drivers by storing them in a freezing temperature? I have the drivers for my yet built statements out in the balcony right now and the temperature here drops to 19F at night.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Coconutout
    Do you think im stressing my drivers by storing them in a freezing temperature? I have the drivers for my yet built statements out in the balcony right now and the temperature here drops to 19F at night.

Yes you are no doubt stressing them and the longer that they are there, the more stressed and possibly damaged by the cold they will get. Why in heavens name would you put them there?. :E
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Eh. They're likely to get that cold in shipping this time of year. Just let them warm up before you try to use them. The glue joints are likely the most likely failure point if stressed while cold.
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• justanie
        • Jan 2007

My car speakers probably get down to -30 in the winter here in Canada. They are 10 years old and still work great.

i would not worry as long as they don't get wet.

Comment

• 5th element
          Supreme Being Moderator
          • Sep 2009

Yeah I can't imagine any permanent damage being done to them providing the drivers are allowed to warm up properly before you use them. Just as Justanie says, don't let them get wet or they will rust and that will = driver death.
          What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
          5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
          Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"