X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadow2121
    • Apr 2011

Powering the Statements.

I've looked, just obviously not in the right places. But what is considered to be efficient to power the Statement series. More specifically Statement center, 2 Monitors and 2 Mini's? Do I have enough power with the Yamaha V667? to fully enjoy them? Or would I benefit greatly from a separate Amplifier? And if so how big?
    Last edited by Shadow2121; 16 December 2011, 16:27 Friday.
  • mrdsllc
    • Dec 2011

In for answer as well.

From what I've read it seems that the statements do well with 100w and up and folks seem to favor the Emotiva line of components.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

The Emotiva stuff just offers a really nice bang for buck, and more power is always better. That said you probably wouldn't have any issues running them off that receiver.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I'll agree with most of what has been said. I do like separates rather than a receiver. A receiver with pre-outs that can be upgraded to more power also works well. The bottom line is, all the Statements series are considered 4 ohm loads and receivers are almost always grossly over rated power wise. Look at it this way; you buy a receiver for a few years but you buy an amp for many years.

Emotiva, Outlaw and others are very good choices. Don't forget the used market for amps. I still have a 30 year old Hafler amp in one of my systems that works and sounds great.

Jim

Comment

• john trials
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Shadow2121
          I've looked, just obviously not in the right places. But what is considered to be efficient to power the Statement series. More specifically Statement center, 2 Monitors and 2 Mini's? Do I have enough power with the Yamaha V667? to fully enjoy them? Or would I benefit greatly from a separate Amplifier? And if so how big?
          I've got a similar speaker set up as you, although I have full-sized Statements (L&R), a Statement Center, and Monitors as surrounds. I bought an Onkyo TX-SR707 for two reasons: It was the lowest (least expensive) Onkyo that 1) was 4-ohm compatible and 2) had preamp outputs for future amp upgrades.

I've been using the Onkyo in a fairly small room (13 x 16 or so), and I haven't felt an extreme need for any power amps (but I don't listen to anything very loudly...if I did, I'd definitely get a power amp, and I always have that option, should the economy and my job situation improve!).

Getting something similar is an inexpensive way to start (the link in your thread didn't work, so I didn't see what you currently have). Although Emotiva's current holiday sale is tempting!
          Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

• Shadow2121
            • Apr 2011

Thanks guys. Fixed the link too. I bought the 667 instead of the 680 or whatever because the new version, while having networking features, lacked pre-amp outputs. Not sure why they would take that away.

And I don't have these speakers yet. But I'll be starting on them in a month or so.

Anyone know of where to look for used amps? I've tried looking before but I rather hate searching through the ample supply of car amps that come back in the search results.

Comment

• mrdsllc
              • Dec 2011

WWW.audiogon.com ?

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Also for Emotiva used amps look in their forums they have a for sale section that's generally pretty active.

Comment

• Coconutout
                  • Oct 2006

in my experience the statements/monitors have responded favorably to every kinds of amplification i introduced them. this includes set tube amps and low power ss amps. its truly a do it all design.

Comment

• BigJim_inFLA
                    • Jun 2006

For moderate volume listening I have used a 25 wpc DIY PASS F5 amp. It sounds wonderful!

Comment

• mrdsllc
                      • Dec 2011

Any thoughts on DIY tripath amps? I would consider building a 2x100w amp...

Comment

• Coconutout
                        • Oct 2006

tripaths are great. i'm using a meager topping20(modded) for my statement monitors atm and I don't feel like I'm missing anything out.

Comment

• AdelaaR
                          • Dec 2010

I'm planning on powering mine with a Sansui AU 9900.
                          It has 80W per channel but those numbers had different meanings back then
                          I'm planning on making the pre-amp and amp switchable to be used either as standalone integrated amplifier for listening to records or tuner from the accompanying devices or to be linked to an external 7.1 decoder with a seperate multichannel amp for the surrounds.

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Well the wattage numbers game has been played forever lol. Companies had better standards back then though.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"