X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ski_merlin
    • Apr 2006

Help Identifying Drivers

I'm reaching out here hoping someone can help me and my friend out. Started with a pair of super high-end Werzi cabinets used designed for keyboards/pianos: one 15" driver, one 10" driver, and one horn loaded tweeter. The amplifier chips in both heads were blown, and are too expensive to replace. Friend is buying a new 1600W RMS mixer/amp combo to drive them, and having a custom crossover board made to separate the signals to each driver. Problem is, we don't know the specs on the drivers, and Werzi is of no help at all.

All are single voice coil, and I'm assuming 8Ω. Can't be sure though until I get a multimeter on them.

Here's some pics ...

15" subwoofer: only disignations are printed on the backside of the woofer cone are "10017" and "UKM33". My friend keeps saying they're Peavy Black Widows ... I don't think they are.

10" mid: "70760" stamped on backside of woofer cone ...

Tweeter: "829 0166 547" printed across back of magnet ...

I appreciate any and all help you guys can give. I just want to provide the crossover maker as much info as possible.
    Attached Files
  • ski_merlin
    • Apr 2006

I've identified the 15" as the Peavey Scorpion SP-15825: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=294-313.

Still stumped on the other two.

Comment

• ski_merlin
      • Apr 2006

The tweeter is an Electrovoice ST350B. Don't know of the quality.

Still looking for the 10" make/model ... looks close to the EVM10M, but I'm not too sure ...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"