X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johngalt47
    • Apr 2007

L26ROY sub

I finished my L26ROY sub last night. It was built using the design on the SEAS web site with the 40 liter cabinet and one PR. The amp is the 500 watt O-Audio unit.

It has quite a bit more low end grunt than my 5 cu ft sealed Dayton RSS315HF-8 with the same amp.

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
  • dar47
    • Nov 2008

Enjoy :T

Vary musical and hard to beat in a sealed box, I'm enjoying mine too.

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Cool. Let's see some more photos.

More low end grunt isn't surprising considering you used a PR. It is kind of apples to oranges. I'm not sure if it was just a point of comparison or if you're trying to say that therefore the SEAS is better. Did you ever consider adding a PR to your RS315 box? Not trying to be a PE fan boy, just wondering.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• tktran
        • Jan 2005

It's reassuring to hear feedback that a woofer works well in an alignment recommended by the manufacturer. And comparisons with a larger woofer in larger box is always useful from a practical and aesthetic viewpoint.

I think it's fair to compare apples to oranges in this case. For subwoofers it's all fair game because the most important factors are tolerable cabinet size, and if you are able to play louder, lower and/or cleaner with a smaller woofer in a smaller enclosure, that's great (not matter how you do it (bigger amp, more EQ, different alignment/more PRs etc))

But the likelihood though, is that that is not the case. The initial impression of "more grunt" is common because at low frequencies, smaller woofers will have more distortion than larger woofer (particularly close to excursion limited SPLs) and those harmonics are higher in frequency and more audible.

Comment

• johngalt47
          • Apr 2007

My whole deal in trying this is to achieve lower distortion. Up until now I have preferred sealed speakers but I read that this driver has low distortion so I decided to try a PR sub to see if I could maintain low distortion while increasing total output at low frequencies.

I have found a recording that I am using to determine low frequency distortion. It is Raya Yarbrough's You're So Bad To Me. I think the recording engineer made a mistake in the mix because the bass notes really overwhelm the rest of the song. I would like to get other people's opinion when they hear this song.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"