X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischmat
    • Feb 2010

Curved 4Tse template?

Anybody have a 4Tse curved template? I"m horrible with sketchup, and am thinking of a winter project. Going to hcange my boxes to curved.
  • onyxbfly
    • Aug 2011

A few members have made them but I feel that Deewan's are the best so far!!!!! Scroll down to Deewan's pics....enjoy!!

Comment

• mischmat
      • Feb 2010

Those are nice. I've seen them while browsing the site for templates. So far the only thing I can find were a set of RS TMWW can't don't know if i can make it work but I'm tryin to put the y in diy.

Comment

• onyxbfly
        • Aug 2011

I actually dream of curved dynamics lol I actually have all the parts sans wood etc. I am a bit skeptical because I have no wood working skills what so ever and I am really not interested in screwing up a project and be left with wood not fit for fire wood.

If you come up with some templates run your figures by Jed and he will let you know if your math is right and bless it with his stamp of approval.

Needless to say if you do come up with templates I would truly appreciate it if you were to share them.

Comment

• onyxbfly
          • Aug 2011

Something of interest.

Comment

• mischmat
            • Feb 2010

I saw that. That is pretty much the idea, but it's for the CC, so there is a size difference. I think the CC was about 1" smaller in depth and about 1" wider.

I was going to try and muck with the templates here and see if I can get the proper volume. Problem is figuring out how to calculate the volume for this shape.

Comment

• baniels
              • Nov 2006

For what it's worth, Sketchup has a lot of limitations with curved surfaces and curves in general. It doesn't have the ability to "understand" a circle. It can only approximate them with polygons.

This isn't a problem when drawing up an idea, but it can be a real PITA when you want to generate g-code for a CNC.
              L&R Build
              Sub Build

Comment

• onyxbfly
                • Aug 2011

Yes I actually read all of those pages and came to the same conclusion that you did. I was working with someone but they had a death in the family and they told me they do not know if and when they will be able to help me build them.

I'm not sure if soldier7's clearwave speakers have the same dimensions apart from them difference in height. I went to the CLD site to look up his speakers but I can not find them.

The traslam would be an excellent way to go if it were not so pricey. Soldier 7 had his would cut via CNC and he is in $500 in materials for one speaker.

Now if you can cut the wood yourself and keep each piece to spec then you are golden.

Comment

• mischmat
                  • Feb 2010

CNC is out of the question for me. I'm just going to to it with 1/4" skins at a time. Just have to get me a template.

Comment

• onyxbfly
                    • Aug 2011

I hope it works out for you. I truly prefer curved as opposed to rectangles. Have you thought about inquiring with soldier7 about his designs?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"