X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lcolbur1
    • Nov 2010

Speaker Modeling Software

I'm looking for software which would allow me to model some speaker enclosures. I don't actually need to take measurements or anything regarding the acoustics. I just need to work out some enclosure/cabinet design constraints.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• baniels
      • Nov 2006

If I'm understanding you right, you are looking to do some 3d modeling of the enclosure for the purpose of trying out different cabinet designs?

The cheapest (free) and easiest entry into 3d modeling to my knowledge is Sketchup. It is pretty easy to get the hang of it in short time.
      L&R Build
      Sub Build

Comment

• Villainstone
        • Mar 2008

Im not meaning to hijack your thread but I dont want to create another post for such a simple question. Will I need internal braces in my design if I am doubling up all sides of my enclosure. Using 3/4" MDF making all sides of my enclosure 1.5" thick will I still need braces in the box? TY and sorry bout the hijack.

Comment

• baniels
          • Nov 2006

How big... driver, box sizes? In most cases, yes, you should use internal bracing.
          L&R Build
          Sub Build

Comment

• Villainstone
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by baniels
            How big... driver, box sizes? In most cases, yes, you should use internal bracing.
            Box is small 1.2 cubic feet, thats what the MFG recommends. 12" Pioneer premier http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...S-W3002D2%7CD4
            Powered buy a MTX JH1200 1200w RMS amp. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"