X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beau
    • Apr 2005

Tiny mid comparisons

Has anyone done any comparison with the recent breed of tiny mids available?

Specifically Im talking about the scan discovery 10f, the vifa ne95 and the scan illuminator 12mu.

Thanks for your input
  • benchtester
    • Sep 2007

small mids

There's some data out there:

MarkK's IMD testing:

Zaph's blog has the 10F, (revisited) FR88, and the 12M in the small driver section:

I haven't seen project write-ups on the 10F - although I think I read that JohnK did some open baffle speakers. I just bought a pair of the 10F's before the Neo price hike. :B But it may be months before I get them operational. :cry:

Comment

• Beau
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for that.

I have dug up as much info as I could, seems they all have tradeoffs, the fr88 is one I forgot to list.
      As far as I can see they all look fairly decent but my main concern is the rear radiation. Theyll be going in a dipole system and Id like as little masking as possible, Maybe Ill just have to bite the bullet and test a few pairs.

Comment

• Ray_D
        • Apr 2005

Check this out.

musicanddesign.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, musicanddesign.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Regards

Ray

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"