X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nlange41
    • Aug 2011

Bicycle mounted speakers???

Don't know if this is the right place for help but thought I would try. I want to make a speaker system to mount on the handlebars of my bicycle. I have some 3 inch speakers from a Sony clock radio. I want it to have a headphone jack to plug into my phone. Since the speakers came out of a radio, would I have to have a battery to power the speakers? A battery would be ok as long as it isn't heavy and would have to be rechargable. Is there instructions anywhere on the net or a book? I can build the case for the speakers to be mounted, I just need help with the wiring.

Thanks for any help!!

Nick
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Just like you need a receiver for your home speakers, you would need an amplifier to power the speakers. Many small digital amplifier can be battery powered. Look at the Class T amps at Parts Express.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• nlange41
      • Aug 2011

Thanks ---k---!! Found the Dayton Audio DTA-1 Class T Digital. Perfect size, battery powered, and the best part is it's already put together!! Thanks for the help!!

Comment

• looneybomber
        • May 2007

Umm, do you have room for a solar panel mounted above the rear tire? It'd also function as a mudflap/splash blocker. Use rechargeable batteries and park the bike in the sun when you get home.

Comment

• BOBinGA
          • Mar 2009

Like these maybe?

-Bob
          -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
          My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
          The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"