X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alteredbeast77
    • Dec 2010

statment,s or clearwave 4T SE

my room is 21' x 12, with 8' ceiling and one door.

ported statments or 4T SE, which one would better suit my needs?

50/50 HT/music, i do like it a little on the loud side and i like a speaker that has a good bottom end i listen to rock,hard rock but the wife and kids listen to country,pop,rap

they will be part of a 7.1 setup with a ported 15" sub i'm building rite now.

i will build a matching center, and probably use my current infinity speakers as side and rear.

i can't find anyone close to me who has either one of these so i have no idea what they sound like.

NOT asking which one is a better speaker just which one will better suit my needs
  • Silversmoky
    • Nov 2007

You really can't go wrong with either one. Keep in mind that the Statements need space behind them. (18 to 24 inches if I remember right) Can't be tucked up tight to the wall. Depending on if have that space that might help you make your decision right there.

As far as the bottom end, both will satisfy most listeners even at higher levels. Both designs can handle higher power, within reason of course! I don't think that will be an issue for you at all especially if you are crossing over to your new sub soon.

Also, once you choose a design and build them I will bet there is no way you keep your current Infinity's. Either design will blow them away and you will want to match your surrounds accordingly. Good luck!

Comment

• alteredbeast77
      • Dec 2010

baniels and trompie's builds have really given me a lot of inspiration to build both, but i only have room for one.

i know i'm asking a difficult question, was just wondering what some of you who may have had or heard both would have to say about the difference's between the two.

voicing,bass output,are they bright sounding like klipsch speakers witch i do not like, or do they sound warm ?

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by alteredbeast77

i know i'm asking a difficult question, was just wondering what some of you who may have had or heard both
        Deewan has experience with both:

Show off your speaker projects by posting the details and images of your creations. We encourage you to discuss with the speaker project designer his methods and results.

Comment

• alteredbeast77
          • Dec 2010

thanks jed, that was a good read

Comment

• looneybomber
            • May 2007

If only I could find someone semi-local with statements. I would love to do a side by side comparison with my 4T's

Comment

• baniels
              • Nov 2006

A friend of mine has built the Statements. Believe it or not, I haven't found the time to get out to listen to them. He hasn't heard mine yet, but I think we'll do some comparative listening in the near future. I highly doubt it will be side by side in the same room though.

I certainly don't feel like taking mine out, strapping them in a car or truck, and driving to his house on a gravel road in the country. I doubt he feels much different about hauling his Statements over here.

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to here how they compare.

From a biased side, it was a great pleasure to work with Jed. He revealed a lot of patience with me and my questions since day one, weeks before I was even a paying customer. You'll not be making a mistake to go with one of his designs. I am listening to music (sitting down and just listening) twice as frequently after finishing the 4TSE's. ;x(

Originally posted by looneybomber
              If only I could find someone semi-local with statements. I would love to do a side by side comparison with my 4T's
              L&R Build
              Sub Build

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"