X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkrueger
    • Mar 2006

Nat P modification

Hey all. Haven't been around much lately, but have a few questions about the Nat P's that I have kicking around here. I am in the beginning stages of putting together a home theatre. Will the Nat P's work sealed? If sealed, how small? I am wanting to do the in/on wall crossover, and and then build an additional one for the cc. I would like to shrink them down to 25 litres....What says the experienced?

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

You can use them sealed, then the rear stuffing becomes more critical for midrange absorption. The original bookshelf NatP design was for 1 cu. ft, which is 28 liters; - 25 liters is no problem, you could go down to 20 liters, as long as you can get the parts in the box! That will tend to set your limit, I think. The PE 1 cu ft MTM cabinets were used in the original design.

I am swamped at work, or I'd offer to run a Unibox sim, and model a butter worth F3 and the volume required- if you have excel, that's easy enough to do. If not, post back and I'll do my best to get to it in the next week. Remember, for Unibox, it's the real "net" volume you're working with, so for example, with a 28 liter PE box, after you subtract driver and crossover volume, you may be down around 24 liter or so anyway.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Johnloudb
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2007

You might find this site helpful.

John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• jkrueger
        • Mar 2006

Thanks guys

Now that that is cleared up...I am dealing with the original RS drivers. Is the in/on wall crossover designed for the originals? The center would have to be done with the new RS drivers. Is there a variant of the on wall crossover for these drivers?

I appreciate your experiences

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"