X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigguyZ
    • Jan 2009

Has clearwave left the DIY market?

So I've been working on a 4T build for what seems like forever, and with working on my brother's house I'll probably not have the cabinets finished for some time (his house was badly damaged by a tornado, and we have to basically rebuild the whole thing).

I went to the website today to see how much the kits are running these days, and I don't see any of the DIY kits available anymore! :E :E

Does anyone have any information?

If the speakers are indeed not available now, what alternative are there that would use the same cabinet? I'd hate to scrap all of that work. :cry:
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I think he said the Dynamic series would still be available?

Comment

• BigguyZ
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Hdale85
      I think he said the Dynamic series would still be available?

http://www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com/Dynamic/4T.html
      Interesting. That page isn't linked to any of the pages accessed just by going to the home page....

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Yes it is, go to the archive page.

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

I haven't left the DIY market... just been reorganizing the website still. The Dynamic Series will continue to be supported and sold. These decisions are difficult when pricing on all the neo drivers (Tangband W4-1337) keeps going up and up. And as always, I'm always just a phone call or email away if you should have questions. I also have an active support forum for my customers, if they should run into any questions during their builds. I just had another order for a set of 4TSE and 4CCSE today actually, the Dynamic Series is alive and well. As Doug noted, the kits are linked to the "Archive" section on the main page. I used to call it "kits" but not all the speakers there were kits, so I changed the heading. I should probably call it something else or have kits listed separately.

I'll admit the website has taken a back seat lately, as I've been very busy working on my speaker lines. Thanks again to all those who have supported this venture!

Regards,

Jed K
          Clearwave Loudspeaker Design

Comment

• BigguyZ
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Jed
            I haven't left the DIY market... just been reorganizing the website still. The Dynamic Series will continue to be supported and sold. These decisions are difficult when pricing on all the neo drivers (Tangband W4-1337) keeps going up and up. And as always, I'm always just a phone call or email away if you should have questions. I also have an active support forum for my customers, if they should run into any questions during their builds. I just had another order for a set of 4TSE and 4CCSE today actually, the Dynamic Series is alive and well. As Doug noted, the kits are linked to the "Archive" section on the main page. I used to call it "kits" but not all the speakers there were kits, so I changed the heading. I should probably call it something else or have kits listed separately.

I'll admit the website has taken a back seat lately, as I've been very busy working on my speaker lines. Thanks again to all those who have supported this venture!

Regards,

Jed K
            Clearwave Loudspeaker Design
            I think the Archive page was the only one I didn't check! Doh! ops:

Good to know my labor isn't for naught. I have a while to go before I finish the first cabinet, much less the second.... I did notice the SE versions have jumped a bit. Dang Neo prices! I actually may have to downgrade to the non-SE versions, as the $300 jump for the mains and $150 for the CC starts to add up. That's the cost of a decent thickness planer, after all. :B

Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks for keeping the record straight.

Travis

Comment

• Jed
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BigguyZ
              I think the Archive page was the only one I didn't check! Doh! ops:

Good to know my labor isn't for naught. I have a while to go before I finish the first cabinet, much less the second.... I did notice the SE versions have jumped a bit. Dang Neo prices! I actually may have to downgrade to the non-SE versions, as the $300 jump for the mains and $150 for the CC starts to add up. That's the cost of a decent thickness planer, after all. :B

Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks for keeping the record straight.

Travis
              I just finished updating my website, because I didn't want there to be continued confusion. I'm glad you brought this to my attention. There is now a tab for the "DIY" kits along with the Archive of my past designs (some of which can be made available if someone asks for them).

Sorry about the increase in costs... everything has been going up in price since the introduction of the Dynamic Series started a few years back.
              Last edited by Jed; 28 July 2011, 22:06 Thursday.

Comment

• Maklar
                • Jan 2011

Good change Jed, I think that will help with the confusion.

Comment

• deewan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jed
                  And as always, I'm always just a phone call or email away if you should have questions. I also have an active support forum for my customers, if they should run into any questions during their builds.
                  Just a plug for Jed and his incredible customer service. He really is always just a phone call or email away. I've dealt with him and refered him many times. His service and quality is second to none!
                  The Old Woods Theater
                  My Various Speaker Builds
                  Statement II Remix build

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"