X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyw
    • Jun 2011

In-wall subwoofer Design

Hi, I'm finishing off my HT design and have come to a halt with my subwoofer. I'm running 7 Sonance cinema II lcr THX in-wall speakers powered by a Pioneer Elite VSX-26. I framed in and designed the entire basement room around the home theater for the last 18 months. I want to do an in-wall sub as well. I have a very good corner location. The wall is a 2x4x8 wall with the possibility of expanding into other bays (only one side of the wall is currenetly finished, the back is still opened studs) Iv done searching for shallow mount subs but I dont just want to purchase something willy nilly without knowing how it will work in such a situation. I could deepen the wall an inch or so but not much since there is an exterior door in the path way on the exposed stud side. I dont realy have the room behind the wall to do a IB design so I'm stuck within the wall.

I expect to have to frame in a bay with MDF but was hoping for sugestions on which sub (a 10" would suffice) and any possible baffling. a how-to would be fantastic but I dont want it handed to me on a silver platter... lol

Thanks a bunch, any other info just ask....
  • DeathMonk
    • Jun 2008

Have you considered doing some kind of extruded baffle/box? Even then you'll still probably need a lower profile sub.

Something like this maybe:

Comment

• andyw
      • Jun 2011

That is one of the ones I was looking into. I do alot of shopping at partsexpress, its a great site. I'm expanding my outlook to an internal baffle I believe. Some sort of frankenstien running horizontal up the wall since I dont have the floor space behind the wall for some seriour subs. This project started out with some simple OEM inwall LCRs and has quickly snowballed into one hell of a setup. Been alot of fun peicing it together.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"