X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PanteraGSTK
    • Aug 2009

Wall mount questions.

I was hoping to find the information I'm looking for, but I've searched and searched and have been unable to find what I need.

How much do the lineup F4 speakers weigh? I need to start looking for a mount and would like to have an idea. I found some nice ones that hold up to 33 pounds. I don't think they weigh that much, but would like to know before I build them and buy a scale so I can weigh them myself.

Thanks, and sorry for the pointless thread.
  • Generic George
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PanteraGSTK
    I was hoping to find the information I'm looking for, but I've searched and searched and have been unable to find what I need.

How much do the lineup F4 speakers weigh? I need to start looking for a mount and would like to have an idea. I found some nice ones that hold up to 33 pounds. I don't think they weigh that much, but would like to know before I build them and buy a scale so I can weigh them myself.

Thanks, and sorry for the pointless thread.
    Well my Polk LSiFx dipole surround speakers wt 2 tweeters and two 5.25" woofers in a fairly large box weigh in at about 23 lb.

So unless the F4's boxes are WAAAAY larger than they look, I can't imagine they'd weigh even that much. So 33lb mounts should be well more than sufficient.

Comment

• Undefinition
      • Dec 2006

I've used boxycad to get rough estimates of how much cabinets will weigh. Cool little feature.

Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
      Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Undefinition
        I've used boxycad to get rough estimates of how much cabinets will weigh. Cool little feature.

http://audio.claub.net/software.html
        That is what I was going to say! :P

It all depends on how you build them. I built a pair of speakers similar size, and they were like 8#. I hung them with picture frame wire and hook. Worked well. (BUT, these speakers were sealed and designed to be wall mounted.)
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• PanteraGSTK
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Undefinition

http://audio.claub.net/software.html
          That's cool. Thanks.

Originally posted by ---k---
          That is what I was going to say! :P

It all depends on how you build them. I built a pair of speakers similar size, and they were like 8#. I hung them with picture frame wire and hook. Worked well. (BUT, these speakers were sealed and designed to be wall mounted.)
          The mounts I'm looking at will get them pretty far from the wall (far enough I hope) that they will still sound good. I'm using them as surrounds so I don't think that less than ideal placement will hurt too much. The only reason I'm using these is they will mesh well with the statement mains/center.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• PanteraGSTK
            • Aug 2009

I have yet another question. I plan to make a frodaddy statment center (2rcc) but I plan to mount it above my screen. Would I want to mount it upside down so the tweeter would disperse (terminology?) correctly? Any thoughts on whether or not I should build a shelf and angle it down slightly?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"