X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

TL design for SeasU18RNX

I have been looking at a Madisound kit with this driver and note it is designed for TL in mind.
    Seas Idunn kit

Has anyone seen a TL box design? I am curious just how big it is and what the results would be like.

Bob Howell
  • Generic George
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bobhowell
    I have been looking at a Madisound kit with this driver and note it is designed for TL in mind.
    Seas Idunn kit

Has anyone seen a TL box design? I am curious just how big it is and what the results would be like.

Bob Howell
    The SEAS Excel Thor kit is a TL Design. This page has pdfs for the box.

It is a slightly more expensive design, but should give you an idea of what they look like.

BTW, the woofer is designed for ported or TL designs, but the Idunn kit is apparently designed with a ported box in mind not a TL.

Comment

• richnen
      • Jul 2010

Where are you seeing the TL design? I have made the Idunn and the drawings I have are for a ported 22l box.

This was my first DIY project and I chose it because it seemed fairly easy to build. I thought the highs were too bright and they were fatiguing to listen to after a while. Could not tell you if it is the tweeter or a poor crossover design.

The harshness is especially evident when I compare them to the Statement Monitors and even more so with Clearwaves Minuets.

You may want to research the design and see if there is a crossover mod available.
      Seas Idunn
      ZA5.2
      ZA5.3CC
      SB Acoustics 12" sub
      Statement Monitors
      CLD M5B

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"