Any talented crossover designers out there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkrueger
    • Mar 2006

Any talented crossover designers out there?

Just a builder, not a designer. Have not been around here much lately. My sons are 1 yr and 3 yr. (I've been busy). I have built the Nat P's, Khanspires, and currently listen daily to my Selah audio mains. SWMBO just let me buy a 2011 samsung 64 inch plasma.

I thought that I would just buy myself a sound system, but I can't do it. Its got to be DIY. All speakers except the sub have to be on wall. I am thinking like Paradigm Millenia 20 http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?op...d=125&Itemid=2

I would pay for time involved in the design. I have looked around and can't find any like it in the diy community. I would also love for it to be a public plan when it is done. Silly? Ideas? Volunteers?

Jonathan
  • Undefinition
    • Dec 2006

You have email.
    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
    Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Khanspires have been used on-wall...

Sounds like an interesting project, but time probably isn't in the cards right now. But it sounds like Paul may have you covered anyhow.
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• jkrueger
        • Mar 2006

Thanks for the response CJD. The Khanspires on wall are much too big for my application. I built them with my father, and I love them. (He keeps telling me that they will live at my house one day). It seems to me that the more standard shapes of speakers are well bested by diy attempts. I hope that the unconventional shapes benefit from diy in the same way. I know very little about small drivers...I have always said, and believed, that "there is no replacement for displacement".
        Last edited by jkrueger; 24 May 2011, 08:54 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"