X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischmat
    • Feb 2010

Need a specific sized tweeter

I need a tweeter that's close to 3 1/4" OD, with a cut out diameter of 2 1/4". It's for a set of Polks with a blown tweeter and they're asking way too much for a tweeter that has a magnet the size of a quater. Anybody have something in mind or close?
  • Generic George
    • Mar 2011

You're essentially asking if an engine from a random car will work in another car simply because they are both the same displacement.

If you can list what model speaker it is and any any parts information on the tweeter, someone might be able to help, but the physical size of the tweeter is one of the least significant and helpful pieces of information.

Depending on what that "unreasonable" amount of money is and what speaker it is, you might simply be better off buying a new speaker.

Comment

• mischmat
      • Feb 2010

Well here's a link to them.

I"m not terribly worried about differences in sound since I've rigged a vifa driver from an old Paradigm Titan in it while they were in use. It's just something that if i can get it close, it's good, cause they are hittin craigs list. I have no use for them now that I have the Dynamic 4s

Comment

• Generic George
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mischmat
        Well here's a link to them.

I"m not terribly worried about differences in sound since I've rigged a vifa driver from an old Paradigm Titan in it while they were in use. It's just something that if i can get it close, it's good, cause they are hittin craigs list. I have no use for them now that I have the Dynamic 4s
        It's a pair of speakers that listed for $240. When they were being sold.

The only 3/4" silk dome tweeter on PE runs $25.

I would just sell them as is, reduce the price to account for it and let the person know what Polk wants for fixing them.

Tossing in a random tweeter is not going to work well. It simply doesn't work the way you seem to want it to. The crossover and the box design are made for certain characteristics that can be completely different with a different tweeter. You won't be doing anyone a favor by just sticking in something solely because it fits.

Comment

• mischmat
          • Feb 2010

I would just sell them as is, reduce the price to account for it and let the person know what Polk wants for fixing them.
          Never thought of that, usually figured people want something now and working especially some college kid that's going to just blast horrible sounding music at way to loud levels, almost like half those auto stereos you hear driving by.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"