X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed H
    • Apr 2011

RS 3-ways and Natalie-P

After reading numerous pages of the RS TMWW tower build page, I have a couple relatively simple questions.

The last post in the build thread was many months ago. For those that built the 3-ways using either tweeter, what are your lasting impressions? Do you still have them? Can you compare them to another DIY? I saw Mr. Holtz considered them an 'equivalent' to Nat-Ps for HT. I will use 80%HT, 20% music, with dedicated ported 15" Datyon Reference sub to fill in the bottom.

What is the minimum listening distance for the RS 3-ways? I assume 2.5 meters given the number of drivers, or did one of the XO designs address this? Do you toe these in, or leave straight out?

I have a large room and am debating between RS 3-ways, Nat-Ps, and possibly the Zaph 3.5. The larger drivers in the RS 3-way appears to be an advantage given the size of my room, however, the listening distance from front baffle to sweet spot is ~11 feet. Wondering if one of these 3 designs will accel there, and for the poor people sitting off axis.

Any other input or experiences you can share are appreciated. AH, one more item. I need efficient mains to keep-up with my JBL 8330 (pro) surrounds. How is the efficiency of the 3-way's versus Nat's?

The CC is another story, given my 10.25" height restriction - unless I hang it over the TV. I like the 3-way center, but don't think there is ANY way to reduce the front baffle height down to 10.25"....
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"