X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alteredbeast77
    • Dec 2010

help..behringer EPX2000

Just received my new behringer epx2000 today couldn't wait to hook it up and see how it performed. needless to say I am very disappointed. after an hour on the phone with tech support. I have tried using the LFE Output On my onkyo receiver also tried stereo output that's the reason I bought the amp was for the rca inputs. maybe I am just doing something wrong but no matter how I hook it up bridged mono stereo 2/4/8 ohm with everything turned to maximum I am barely getting enough power to the subwoofer to even make it move let alone get any sound out of it is it me or is the amp just defective..HELP Please :M
  • alteredbeast77
    • Dec 2010

Ups will be picking amplifier up tomorrow. I will be getting a full refund. Lesson learned. Sorry I started a new thread for no reason If I knew how to delete it I would The whole forum thing is new to me I am still learning please bare with me

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

I just saw this thread. I guess it is too late.

I got a Behringer EP2400 amp and an Onkyo receiver. Works great for me. Did you disable the high pass filters that are on by default when the amp ships? Iirc, they ship with the 50hz high pass on, which if combined with a 80hz or lower low pass filter on you amp, would mean you're probably getting very little signal through the amp.

I would try connecting the LEFT pre-out to the amp and the amp to a speaker and see what happens.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• cbark
        • Jan 2010

Should have worked fine. Maybe the crossovers where enabled or the levels are off. Don't know the LFE drive output of the Onkyo, but nothing a level shift wouldn't fix.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Might just be more sensitive to low voltage inputs, pro audio generally have very high voltage pre-outs due to usually longer cable runs.

Comment

• alteredbeast77
            • Dec 2010

Sorry for having 2 threads going on the same subject. Check out my last post on the Alpine 1542 Thread It will give you a better idea of my problem And what I am doing to try and solve it. i did not send the amp back today due to some info i ran across on another forum about this problem . the amp works fine my lack of experience is the problem . but i am learning ops:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"