X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PanteraGSTK
    • Aug 2009

Surround speaker crossover question

I plan to build full size statements for the main speakers and the statement center. I'd love to use the statement monitors for surrounds, but my room wouldn't allow for them to be far enough from the wall and the fact that they are too big. I've been searching around as this question seems to be common, but I haven't found an answer yet.

I've been looking at the Lineup R4's because they are the perfect size and they use the same drivers as the statements so I thought they would be perfect. However, Curt said that the tweeter crossover point was too high so they wouldn't work well as surround speakers. Can someone elaborate on this? Or better yet has anyone found a good small (12" or under in height) for surround speakers to match the statements that can be mounted very close to the wall?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just remembered that there is an F4 that doesn't use a seperate tweeter. Would that be better?
  • snmhanson
    • Jun 2010

Can't help you but I am very interested in the responses you get. I have plans drawn up for the F4 that reduces its depth and has the sides go back at an angle to make a trapezoidal shape. I would wall mount the speakers and they would serve as surrounds for my Statement Monitors. I understand it is a compromise, but hopefully a workable compromise.

Matt

Comment

• Silver1omo
      • Sep 2010

I believe that Curt has stated that the AviaTrix kind of matches the Statements as a center. So I would guess that the MT can be used as surround

Edit:
      Here you go

"I see no issue with using Jed’s F4’s for surround speakers. There are a couple of caveats though"
      Last edited by Silver1omo; 19 April 2011, 16:14 Tuesday. Reason: Add link
      Ivan.
      My Statement monitors

Comment

• Silver1omo
        • Sep 2010

Looks like the F4 might be a winner.
        Ivan.
        My Statement monitors

Comment

• PanteraGSTK
          • Aug 2009

I saw that post earlier, but wasn't paying attention to what speaker he was talking about. Thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder why no R4? From what Curt said about the crossover I wonder if it would be too bright? I won't argue with the F4 as that design will save me money anyway. :T

Comment

• Silver1omo
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PanteraGSTK
            I saw that post earlier, but wasn't paying attention to what speaker he was talking about. Thanks for pointing that out.

I wonder why no R4? From what Curt said about the crossover I wonder if it would be too bright? I won't argue with the F4 as that design will save me money anyway. :T
            Yup, like 67.80 in xo parts from Madisound plus drivers...
            Ivan.
            My Statement monitors

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"