X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • engr_dave
    • Dec 2005

Dynaudio 24W100 recone/refoam?

I have four 24W100s in a pair of Dynaudio "Myrage" WMTMW towers that have succumbed to dreaded "foam rot". I see several online sellers with repair kits such as speakerbits, reconingspeakers, and ebay. How do I know these won't affect the T/S parameters? I'd feel better getting recones from Dynaudio, but it doesn't look like they offer that service. hifisound.de sells "exchange" drivers [spendy] but are these simply ones that they recone/refoam?

What is the best way to be assured of OEM quality?

dave
  • Francis Vaughan
    • Apr 2011

Two answers, assuming that after all this time you have not found an answer.

These guys claim OEM parts:

In reality a foam surround contributes vastly less to the compliance than the spider, and the variation between an OEM and 3rd party foam surround will be swamped in the driver to driver variation anyway.

Installing surrounds isn't hard, but does require patience and care. I did a friend's 20w54 drivers with generic surrounds a while ago and they worked out perfectly.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"