X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tony_M
    • Nov 2010

Where I can buy those??

I just found another DIY page on the internet and found some thing interesting.

Pls see picture....

Wondering where I can find those "pin" for the connection.

Tks a lot
    Attached Files
  • Face
    • Mar 2007

They look fancy, but why would you want to add more parts to the signal path?
    SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Drew_V
      • Jan 2011

They look almost like test point pins.

But I agree, why would you want to make TWO solder connections for every one?

Comment

• john trials
        • Mar 2009

I would think digikey.com would have them. Unfortunately, I did a search and couldn't find them...but I'm not sure what they are called! Digikey has a HUGE selection of parts. In my previous job, I used to buy open-frame power supplies, and the power connections were that same pin.
        Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

• BobEllis
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

You might find them listed as standoffs.

If the goal is to raise the components off the board, you could use a nylon or other plastic standoff like Digikey part 492-1073-ND http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=492-1073-ND although they are fairly expensive. I've seen people use bits of plastic tubing they cut to length or plastic beads from a child's necklace kit.

I just use a lead bender to give a nice clean appearance and mount the resistors a bit proud of the board if there is any appreciable dissipation.

Comment

• tony_M
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Drew_V
            They look almost like test point pins.

But I agree, why would you want to make TWO solder connections for every one?
            Yes that is true, but I am looking for direct connect with silver wire instead of PCB.

@Bobellis, I don't the the plastic tube can be used since I need to solder it

I will try to call digikey to look

Comment

• motorider200
              • Jan 2008

Would one of these work. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...keywords=r31/c
              Digi-Key is your authorized distributor with over a million in stock products from the world’s top suppliers. Rated #1 in content and design support!

Comment

• NickS
                • Sep 2008

Those are called TURRET TERMINALS

The ones i've seen require a special tool to flare the end that goes through the PCB to crimp it in place. I suppose you could also solder them in place, but when you solder the component lead to it the solder on the PCB will probably re-melt also.

Comment

• cbark
                  • Jan 2010

NickS is right on. I immediately thought of Keystone as a manufacturer.

Those terminals are usually used as an inexpensive means to allow an end user to connect a wire to a circuit board. Wrap the wire around the terminal, solder, done. No expensive terminal block needed. You see them a lot on cheap linear power supplies.

If you look at the picture above, you will notice that the “circuit board” is not a circuit board but a connection board. Probably used to cover up the mess of wires underneath the product. If you were to flip that board over it would look like a wire factory threw up. Definitely made somewhere labor is cheap.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"