3 way statement type LCR to place behind AT screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clausdk
    • Mar 2011

3 way statement type LCR to place behind AT screen?

Hello.

Been reading through the site and found the "statements" to be quite interesting.

Are there any similar designs around those drivers that can serve as LCR for high SPL output placed right up against the wall ?

Only depth is a problem, I want to keep them as shallow as possible, width and height really isnt a problem. I could go as high as 6 or 7 feet actually, but woofers would have to be within the 128" scope screen.

Any ideas to designs? I'm not good at making crossovers so I am looking for a completed design that I can more or less copy.

Inputs greatly appreciated.

/claus
  • DAVE.S
    • Jan 2010

i see two very good options the khanspire a 3-way similar to the statements in audio quality and as such very good at both home theater and music and are specifically designed to be placed behind a screen ie. close to the wall

the other option is mainly for home theater it uses the same midrange as the statemetns and also the same line of woofers its better at home theater then music

Comment

• FroDaddy
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DAVE.S
      i see two very good options the khanspire a 3-way similar to the statements in audio quality and as such very good at both home theater and music and are specifically designed to be placed behind a screen ie. close to the wall

the other option is mainly for home theater it uses the same midrange as the statemetns and also the same line of woofers its better at home theater then music
      http://clearwaveloudspeaker.com/Dynamic/4T.html
      :agree:

Comment

• clausdk
        • Mar 2011

Thank you for the suggestions. I wrote some questions to the clearwave speakers guys. I like the idea of a kit that I can put together without having to deal with crossovers.

I'm guessing most of these designs can be stretch in length while maintaining width so to get the right volume. Thereby decreasing the depth. I kinda need to get down to 1 foot of depth preferably.

The statements I looked at seemed very nice, as the tweeter would be at ear height, whereas the clearwave tweeter will be quite high up.

Will the tweeter in the khanspire play loud enough without any strain you think? My Dynaudio focus 220 struggle when playing at MV -5 in high SPL scenes...

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

The Khanspires can be reduced in depth to fit your needs.

Use the RS28F tweeter. Mid padding may need a touch of tweak. Keep baffle width and place drivers as needed to put tweeter where you want it - just keep their spacing relative to each-other the same.

Build sealed. Cross to a good sub between 50hz and 60hz.

With adequate clean power you are good to quite loud though for sustained use above ~110db nominal heat on the tweeter may start to be a concern. Hedging here as I don't have hard data. My ears hate that even with hearing protection.

Not sure Clearwave assembles crossovers? If Jed offers that service, awesome.
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• baniels
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DAVE.S
            [the 4T is] better at home theater then music
            Can you expand on that a bit?
            Originally posted by cjd
            Not sure Clearwave assembles crossovers? If Jed offers that service, awesome.
            He does. His kits include (very nicely) assembled xovers.
            L&R Build
            Sub Build

Comment

• DAVE.S
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by baniels
              Can you expand on that a bit?
              He does. His kits include (very nicely) assembled xovers.
              took it from a guy who has built BOTH the statements and the dynamic 4t

If you are mostly 2-channel listening and can put the Statements in their prime positions (away from the front wall and side walls), I would recommend the Statements. I wouldn't give it much thought. If you are mostly HT or AV, then I would suggest the Dynamics with the same conviction. Those are just my opinons. Bottom line, both speakers are an amazing deal for the price compared to what you would get commercially for the same amount.

Show off your speaker projects by posting the details and images of your creations. We encourage you to discuss with the speaker project designer his methods and results.

Comment

• fbov
                • Jun 2008

To build on Dave's comments, Statements have an open back mid tunnel, so their sound is more sensitive to room placement. In stereo listening, you only have 1 dimension of spatial information, so the added ambiance of the mid tunnel is beneficial. In multichannel applications, the ambiance is built into the program, and so a more direct design works.

Jed's also a good guy to work with in my experience.

Have fun,
                Frank

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"