X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcain
    • Feb 2011

need help with Hivi M12 Boxes

Hello guys I am new to this site and I already have a question. I recently found and purchased a new set of HiVi M12 woofers and curentley building a set of boxes for them and since I do not have the reqired software for my computer to calculate the port size. My box is 11" wide x 16" deep x 20" tall with a 1.5" front/side baffle and the cu/in is 2,347.1875 the woofer will be a side firing crossed over at 100 Hz. These boxes will be replacing the stands for my speakers that have been running for some time and will be running as subs in my H/T and powered by a QSC RMX 1450. Any and all help will be greatly appreated.
  • jcain
    • Feb 2011

sonic barrier or poly fill

Ok guys wich is better that self stick sonic barrier, poly fill. fiberglass, or any other products for sub inclosures. Whats the best? and whats the worst?

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I merged your two threads into one build thread.

12" drivers should have no less than a 4" dia port, I doubt that there's enough room in your box for a 4" port tuned to any reasonable frequency.

Your options are run a sealed box or use a passive radiator.

Here's an online port calculator, it's of course not optimized for the T/S of your woofers but it should get you started.

Use fiberglass for your enclosure

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• jcain
        • Feb 2011

Thank you for the info. Thankfully Tom at madisound was able to help me spec out my cabinet the hivi m12 in that box gets a 3"x 6" port tube. Another builder out here in az uses that shredded jean material that is made for sound insulating he loves it.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"