reasonably priced 4ohm 15" driver with low Vas to use in a vented subwoofer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadams
    • Jun 2009

reasonably priced 4ohm 15" driver with low Vas to use in a vented subwoofer?

Looking for a good reasonably priced 4ohm 15” driver to use in a vented box that is not as big as a Buick. I love Parts Express, but often times when I find a driver on their site that fits my needs it has been discontinued, the Dayton QT385-4 15 Quatro for example. This driver had a Vas of 5.89 for a 6.5cuft vented box with an f3 of 19 hz, and wonderful specs otherwise, all priced under $100. Does anybody know where I might find a similar driver? Maybe a better question is where else should I look other than parts express? Thanks
  • brent_s
    • Jun 2006

If you look in the GR Research forum at AudioCircle, you can find the driver used in the MFW-15 for $79. The Vas may be higher than you want, but otherwise it appears to be a single coil version of the Dayton DVC15. FWIW, Mark Seaton had a hand in designing the MFW-15 driver. Otherwise, with the exception of a buyout special, you're going to have a hard time fitting a decent 15" driver in your budget with today's copper prices.

-Brent

Comment

• Paul Ebert
      • May 2004

You might try posting a WTB on the PE Tech Talk classifieds forum:

Use this FREE forum to sell your personal audio/video gear to other audio enthusiasts. Please read the Sticky “Rules For Posting” before posting your items for sale. NO COMMERCIAL SALES PLEASE!

Perhaps a long shot, but you might be able to buy one used.

Comment

• joeybutts
        • Sep 2009

There is a guy on the eD forum selling a used 16Ov.2 for $80 plus shipping...... 16O's are no slouch.....

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"