Clear All
  • Rick Craig
    • Jul 2006

Axpona Atlanta Show

Hope to see some of you in April.
  • ggetzoff
    • May 2010

Rick,

Coming to the show to see you. What are you bringing?

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

• Paul W
      • Oct 2004

I'll be there at least one day.
      Paul

Comment

• BOBinGA
        • Mar 2009

I'll try to make it at least one day.
        -Bob
        -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
        My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
        The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

• Rick Craig
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ggetzoff
          Rick,

Coming to the show to see you. What are you bringing?

Thanks,

Greg
          Working on a new floorstander and possibly an array as well.

Comment

• ggetzoff
            • May 2010

Rick,

That sounds great. I'm in the middle of an MTM build, but once that's done........I'll be employing your skills :B

Greg

Comment

• bobhowell
              • Jul 2008

I had not heard of this. I checked and quite a list of exhibitors. I live 15 min from this site. I will have to make one day at least.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bob

Comment

• jacket_fan
                • Oct 2006

I ordered tickets last week, do they get mailed out or does just registering, paying and showing up work?
                Mark

Comment

• DAVE.S
                  • Jan 2010

I going to be there sunday

Comment

• DAVE.S
                    • Jan 2010

just got back from axpona thier were some disapointments and some wows that will stick with me for ever damn the best bar-none the mbl holy mother of god for a cool 70,000 you can get the http://www.mbl.de/en/gate-mbl-northamerica.html the 101e mkII part of mbl's Refrence Line

it did everything right this thing had the best dynamics out of everything sound just like a live concert it was powered by the biggest amp ive ever seen this

the MBL 9011 mono/stereo amplifier
                    the bass produced shook and rattled the foundation with ease
                    Last edited by DAVE.S; 30 April 2011, 15:55 Saturday.

Comment

• Face
                      • Mar 2007

Lifelike dynamics out of a 82db/w speaker, I love it. Goes to prove you don't "need" pro audio/high efficiency drivers for an efficient speaker.
                      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• DAVE.S
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Face
                        Lifelike dynamics out of a 82db/w speaker, I love it. Goes to prove you don't "need" pro audio/high efficiency drivers for an efficient speaker.
                        god that was a revelation easyly a step above anything else there
                        thats what i call poison youll go home wishing you had them
                        it was so effortless it was scary my statements dont sound the same from when i left

Comment

• DAVE.S
                          • Jan 2010

as for disapointments the legacy,paradigm,acapala
                          sure there were plasma tweeters and raals but NOTHING came close to the mbl the only room were i saw people smiling and gigling

Comment

• jacket_fan
                            • Oct 2006

Dave,

Agreed, the mbl presentation was impressive. They played a cut from “Traffic” when I was there that sounded great. There was even a "balcony" for additional seating. Did not go there, but the set up they had was impressive. And their speaker design is just plain “cool” in my opinion.

The other speaker that impressed was the ADAM line of speakers. Liked what they had.

And what is up with "plasma". Little tweeter lights. Supposedly there is an arc light that "results in a uniform acceleration of the ionic field." When I visited that room, they were playing a piano that was quite catching. But nearly ran us out of the room. Never heard of Lansche Audio before, but an interesting thechnology.

A question I had was about presentation. Some of the folks had treated their rooms while others did not. I had high hopes for the Linkwitz Orion 4s. But left their motel room not all that impressed. Not sure if the room had an effect, but am not inclined to go build a pair. How do you really critically judge a speaker from the presentation at an event like this one?

Great way to spend a day.
                            Mark

Comment

• DAVE.S
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jacket_fan
                              Dave,

Agreed, the mbl presentation was impressive. They played a cut from “Traffic” when I was there that sounded great. There was even a "balcony" for additional seating. Did not go there, but the set up they had was impressive. And their speaker design is just plain “cool” in my opinion.

The other speaker that impressed was the ADAM line of speakers. Liked what they had.

And what is up with "plasma". Little tweeter lights. Supposedly there is an arc light that "results in a uniform acceleration of the ionic field." When I visited that room, they were playing a piano that was quite catching. But nearly ran us out of the room. Never heard of Lansche Audio before, but an interesting thechnology.

A question I had was about presentation. Some of the folks had treated their rooms while others did not. I had high hopes for the Linkwitz Orion 4s. But left their motel room not all that impressed. Not sure if the room had an effect, but am not inclined to go build a pair. How do you really critically judge a speaker from the presentation at an event like this one?

Great way to spend a day.
                              There’s FAR too many variables for me to conclusively judge any speaker. Things like room/amps/source/cables/volume/and music all have a audible impact. I therefore rather label my comparisons as purely ''shows'', and MBl had the best show. Acapala wasn’t at all my cup of tea. the legacy's sound, was just pin pointed On the speakers. A true sense of left and right. I mean this in a bad way, and lastly the paradigm. which was the s6 I believe, in the McIntosh room, it had a great deal of sibilance, and this was with a tube amp and in what’s essentially pure audio mode. Althought the dealer said it was their positioning.
                              Last edited by DAVE.S; 20 April 2011, 23:47 Wednesday.

Comment

• Rick Craig
                                • Jul 2006

Good points about evaluating speakers at a show; however, I think the effects of the front end equipment are minimal (assuming good engineering and quality control) compared to room acoustics and recordings. I always suggest taking some well-recorded music that you're familiar with.

The standard hotel rooms in Atlanta had significant problems with reflections and bass modes. We had the DEQX to take care of the bass and added some room treatment for the reflections. The best sound I heard at the show was the sax ensemble. :T

Comment

• DAVE.S
                                  • Jan 2010

i saw selah on the list and went to that room i was expecting linearrays but i think it was a diffrent company

Comment

• Rick Craig
                                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by DAVE.S
                                    i saw selah on the list and went to that room i was expecting linearrays but i think it was a diffrent company
                                    We were showing a floorstander. 8)

Comment

• DAVE.S
                                      • Jan 2010

also someone posted videos of the event
                                      Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
                                      Last edited by DAVE.S; 30 April 2011, 16:10 Saturday.

Comment

• Face
                                        • Mar 2007

Rick, coming to the NY show too? http://www.axponanyc.com/default.asp
                                        SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• Rick Craig
                                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Face
                                          Rick, coming to the NY show too? http://www.axponanyc.com/default.asp
                                          Sorry - won't be there. We do plan to attend a show with the CBT arrays but not sure yet which one it will be.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"