X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneplustwo
    • Jan 2010

Sunflower, external crossover boxes?

Hey folks,

For my sunflower build, I'm thinking about doing external crossover boxes. The idea would be to have the wire from the amp come into a box that would sit on top of the bass bin. The output of the box would have wires for the individual drivers. Also, of course, the knob for the mids would be on top of this box. So I have a few items I'm looking for input on regarding this idea.

1. Any issues using a speakon 8-pole connector at the output for all four pairs of wires to come out of? I was thinking this would be cleaner than having 8 different binding posts.

2. How have other folks executed wire management in open baffle speakers? I'm usually good about strain relief, but I'm not sure what the best way is to keep things neat and tidy. Also, not sure how to do strain relief here where there aren't obvious places to secure, say, the tweeter wires?

As far as progress, I got the driver cut outs done and chamfered over. Bought the foam too.
    Zaph SR-71
    Zaph ZDT 3.5
    Sunflower Redux
    12" Dayton HF sub
    CJD RS 150 MT
    Revelator bookshelf
    2x12 Guitar cab
    Corner loaded line array
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"