X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott.Eyre
    • Feb 2011

Sealed drivers wanted - small enclosure

Hi I am looking to do a 2 way speaker with a smaller than average enclosure size.

Budget is likely to be under $400 including electronics. excluding wood as I want to make it with a lathe. similar shape to a vase. imagine the speaker at the top and having thicker walls to support driver and screws.
    I currently do not know what to look for or how to calculate the volume needed for specific drivers.

Do I do a full range and tweeter? or woofer and tweeter?

Im still researching at the moment so my knowledge is limited for the time being.

any help would be great !!!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The advise hasn't changed from your first thread
    Hi I am planning on making a 3way speaker set using wood turned enclosures. I came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmodPCunww and it inspired me to do a 3 way, starting with a mid driver, then extending and purchasing a tweeter, then when the budget allows finishing it off with a woofer and crossover

Might be a good idea for you to get the book in the link below so you have some knowledge as to what's involved in the design of a speaker

Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:31 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"