X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdelaaR
    • Dec 2010

Line-up F4 question

I'm considering the Line-up F4 or D4 as surround speakers and would like to make them in or almost in-wall to save space.
    The wall will not be an actual wall but an absorbing wall made of fiberglass and cloth.
    Is this feasible?
    Also ... is it possible to reduce the depth of the F4's enclosures by adding on the bottom of the cabinet?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by AdelaaR
    I'm considering the Line-up F4 or D4 as surround speakers and would like to make them in or almost in-wall to save space.
    The wall will not be an actual wall but an absorbing wall made of fiberglass and cloth.
    Is this feasible?
    Also ... is it possible to reduce the depth of the F4's enclosures by adding on the bottom of the cabinet?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    You can change the box depth and add to the height with little change to the frequency response, but adding a lot of absorbing material around it may not be the way to go. I'd just leave it as designed or have the baffle protrude a good few inches away from the wall so the diffraction effects that were incorporated into the crossover remain somewhat constant. Obviously it's not the perfect scenario versus just building it as is, but you should be okay. If not I can go back and dig up the files to incorporate a little less BSC if you need it.

Comment

• AdelaaR
      • Dec 2010

Thanks for that answer
      I don't want to make it too shallow but maybe 2/3 of the depth or similar.
      I can easily let the baffle stick out a few inches if that would be better.
      The thing is my HT won't be very big and so this is why I want to recess the speakers in the fake walls ... this will also keep people from hitting their heads

Comment

• dawg1161
        • May 2006

You won't be disappointed with the F4 design. They are astounding speakers.

Comment

• AdelaaR
          • Dec 2010

***doublepost***

Comment

• AdelaaR
            • Dec 2010

Thanks dawg

Do you think that for surround duties the lack of a tweeter will be a problem?
            Do these go high and low enough for just being surrounds set in the receiver as "small"?
            I might still opt for the D4 if someone convinces me

Comment

• dawg1161
              • May 2006

IMO they will be fine for surround duties . Mine are on their own as the wife uses them in a craft room with a small receiver and Ipod touch...They have nice bass for what you would think .....I haven't heard the D4 as i wasn't ready for the tweeter recess.
              I liked the look of the R44 myself. Again i don't think you will be disappointed.
              Attached Files

Comment

• AdelaaR
                • Dec 2010

Cool.
                Thanks for the insight guys.
                I already have the drivers but don't expect me to start building them soon though.
                I'm currently still building my whole house and I have a fulltime job and wife and kid so you see what I mean
                Whenever I'm ready I will surely post some pictures here.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"