X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric S
    • Sep 2000

Question about Wall Mountable Surrounds for Avro Part Mains

After a number of years of work, the theater room is coming close to actually looking like something useful. The combination of the Avro Part speakers and the Pass Labs Aleph-X clone amps are an astounding combination!

I'm now thinking about adding some additional surround sound speakers for 7.1 channels, but space is running out in the rear of the theater room. This is leading me to think of small, wall-mountable surrounds using the same M8A midwoof and RS28a tweeter in a sealed enclosure. It seems that a potentially good place to start is with the updated active crossover that Jon developed and posted some time ago.

My thought was to use one midwoof and one tweeter in a smallish (1 cu ft, F3 of about 50Hz) sealed, stuffed cabinet. I could use the passive elements of the mid XO (starting at R15, which appears to be just a low-pass filter at this point), the entire tweeter XO and then adjust the overall tweeter level down by about 4dB so that their sensitivities match since only one mid-woof is being used.

Is this a good starting point for a project like this? Are there other pitfalls I need to avoid?

Thanks for the help!
    Eric

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front.jpg Views:	70 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	870467

Click image for larger version  Name:	speaker.jpg Views:	64 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	870468
    Last edited by theSven; 13 August 2023, 21:46 Sunday. Reason: Update htguide url and image location
    My DIY Theater Projects
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"