X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattgmann
    • Dec 2010

Dayton OmniMic

Has anyone used this, and/or have any impressions of it? I did a forum search, but came up blank, and not much on google. Figured someone here would have the proper scoop on it.
  • Cort
    • Dec 2010

I just got one from cross spectrum labs but havn't played with it. more info here.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Cort
      I just got one from cross spectrum labs but havn't played with it. more info here.
      http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...n-sound-cards/
      Got a more specific link?
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Cort
        The $300 Omni-mic is a new measurement system from PE, not a mic with a cal file from Herb

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• exojam
          • Dec 2006

I picked up the Omni Mic and have run some basic graphs of my system. My only complaint so far it the window size of the program itself, it is way to small and cannot enlarge it at all. I will not be using at some might which it to measure individual drivers; I am using it to see my system response in room. I had it up and running in 15 minutes for the first time install.

I will need to run some more measurements soon since I just made a room change. I will also be running some harmonic sweeps of my subs to see what that shows when I get some time.

Room size is about 15’ wide x 28’ long x 8’ high. There are some strange angles that can be seen in the pictures. Acoustic panels can also be seen in the pictures of the room layout.

Equipment set up is below.
          2 dedicated 20 amp lines going through 2 Equitech BPT’s.
          Onky 885 processor to QSC GX5 for custom L-R
          Onkyo to Rotel RMB1075 for custom center and Recession Buster surrounds
          Onkyo to Marathon MA-5050 for two AV5H subs in 3.25cf cabinets
          Toshiba XA2 to Onkyo for information from the disk

All speakers 1/6:

Image not available

All speakers 1/24:

Image not available

Mains only 1/6:

Image not available

Subs 1/24:

Image not available

Subs -10:

Image not available

Subs:

Image not available

These were taken with the old room layout, this has changed so I will be taking some more measurements.

James
          Last edited by theSven; 04 July 2023, 22:31 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"