X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhubarb9999
    • Apr 2009

Build Idea : Statement Nearfield Monitor

I am collecting the parts for a set of Statement Monitors. I would like to use them as monitors for my digital audio workstation.

They will be nearfield .. 2-3 feet from my head. Instead of the vertical alignment, I would like to cluster the drivers together .. tweeter on top of the mid, both next to the woofer. Basically the Center channel with one
    woofer chopped off. I would build them in a mirror image pair.

They will be a foot or so from the back wall.

What would be the best crossover for this? The woofer will be the RS180-4, so the low section of the monitor makes sense. I notice some differences between the monitor and center mid and top sections .. what is the actual sonic difference? Which would be better to use in my application?

Thanks
  • BobEllis
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

None of the above. Mixing and matching crossovers probably won't work well, especially if you rearrange the drivers and change the baffle shape. The statements need a bit more than 2-3 feet for the front and rear radiation to integrate properly. If you want to use Statements, you should place them as designed and move back.

The basic idea of using those drivers and arrangement is fine, you'll just need a custom crossover. Keeping them close together will help integration near field.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"