• Show
Clear All
  • 05plsrt4
    • Jan 2011

seas bifrost

Anyone build one of these kits yet?

any reviews?

Anything "better" for the same money?

After doing an extensive search on the internet I was only able to find one person who had made them, but there wasnt much of a review.
  • BOBinGA
    • Mar 2009

I haven't heard them, but they are Seas Excel drivers and they know what they are doing, so the kit would be low risk purchase that I'm sure you would enjoy.

That said, what is it about this kit that attracted you? The Excel kits are pretty expensive, and there are any number of 6" two way Seas designs out there using the less expensive Prestige line if this is your first build. See zaphaudio.com for an example.

-Bob
    -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
    My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
    The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

• 05plsrt4
      • Jan 2011

Not my first build. I've built a few in the past. All relativly cheap speakers.

I like the traditional look. I want something very simple yet high end. I've also read alot of good things about the excel drivers.

I also like the fact that its just a kit and I dont have to design much of anything to finish it. I'd likely just end up modifiying the cabinet to suit my taste.

Comment

• WE4242A
        • Jul 2010

I've built it,but changed x-over.

Comment

• Bear
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WE4242A
          I've built it,but changed x-over.
          How did you change it and why? I'd have to admit that the Crescendo is way beyond what I'd consider spending for a tweeter without something truly special about it (e.g., Raal, Beryllium). Of course, the same can be said of my Air Circ habit...
          Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

• WE4242A
            • Jul 2010

I‘ve biuld a new enclosure to reduce diffraction,and reduced the box volume.

The new point of xover is 1.6K LR4.The excrusion of crescendo ensures lower xover and power handling.I’ve also changed it to make better polar response.
            Last edited by WE4242A; 11 January 2011, 03:39 Tuesday.

Comment

• Jonasz
              • Nov 2004

You should also consider Troels version with these drivers. Haven't heard them but Troels has a great reputation.

Comment

• 05plsrt4
                • Jan 2011

I've been looking into the Troels speakers now, they seem to be more thought out. Might end up getting the CNO 2.5

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"