X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdaddy
    • Jan 2004

Link to my updated DIY speaker web page

I got my web page updated with some much better outdoor shots of my two latest DIY projects in case anyone is interested. Most of you who frequent other forums probably have already seen them so sorry for boring anyone who is expecting to see something new. I have found that shooting pictures outdoors really does much better to see the details in the grain patterns, all of my past monitor (SST8) pictures just didn’t do justice to the wood, and made them look too dark and uneven, I guess I still have a lot to learn about photography. I still haven’t got any outdoor shots of my Maelstrom Sonosubs yet, but I will soon if I can ever figure out how to have two or more pages on Geocities, however this may not do any good as they are bandwidth limited, too bad. One day I might have a real web page and I can put some construction photos up, I have about 100 pics of the whole process, but it would take a lot of work to put them in order.

http://www.geocities.com/kingdaddykeith/Kingdaddys_DIY_Projects.html?1078331
    My Center Channel Project
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Tough crowd, I thought his speakers would have people talking. Hmmm. Come on guys! Now I feel bad about asking him to post them here. :cry:

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Al Garay
      • Jan 2004

Congratulations! I can see why you are KingDaddy. Your kids can admire your perseverance to follow your own path in making something that looks unique and can entertain your friends and family for a long time.

Of course, they all want KingDaddy to make them a pair too.

Al

Comment

• Kingdaddy
        • Jan 2004

I just finished turning some new Tweeter faceplates out of Oak, so I will have some final pictures of the SST-8 with the Vifa XT's and there new faceplates soon. I wish this site had the ability to upload pictures directly, my geocities site wont allow hot linking, so I'll post the final pictures on another forum and add a link.

BTW thanks for the kind words Al.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Not really a tough audience, just don't have much more to add after the threads on DIY-Audio, Madisound, AudioKarma, HTF, etc ......

All the projects are certainly a very unique expression of the DIY art........

Good job Mike!

theAudioWorx
          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Kingdaddy
            • Jan 2004

Very true, the DIY speaker community is really a small group and most know of and frequent all these forums. However, I think that AK and this site have some regulars that I haven’t seen on the other forums.

No big deal about the responses, I like to post pictures mostly because I like to see pictures of everybody else’s projects, so I assume the same is true about other DIY fanatics like me.

Comment

• Hank
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2002

Yes, I've seen them elsewhere, and am really impressed by the amount of labor and the fine woodworking! Great artistic expression of the cosmetic aspect of speaker building. Also, that is one unique ported/sealed sub implementation. Very creative.

Comment

• Dennis H
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Aug 2002

Ditto. Attaboy Mike! :clap:

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"