X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xander
    • Dec 2007

Dayton PS Series Point Source Drivers

I searched the forum and didn't come up with anything on these...

I just noticed them in the new catalog. Here's the link for the 6.5":

And the 8":

Anyone have any interest in these?

I have a couple of open-back cabinets that I built with a cutout for a 6.5"-7" driver. I might be able to fit the 6.5, but could probably adapt them for the 8". I made them on a whim just to see if I could make something non-rectangular. They are slanted backward with some oblique cuts on them. Unfinished still.

I was looking at doing my first crossover design project. For those who are experienced, would this be a good option for me?

I would like something that sounds really nice to listen to, and I could use as a secondary reference speaker for mixing. I wouldn't necessarily need a lot of low-end extension, as I could compliment them with a sub if required.
  • rvsixer
    • Sep 2008

Look for the "Singularities" over at the Parts Express forums, lots of design discussion.

Comment

• Xander
      • Dec 2007

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

Edit: Oops, just realized it's an actual full-range driver. Not a coaxial driver which would require a 2-way crossover. I'm still reading the thread on the PE forum though. Could possibly make a 2-way with a super-tweeter?
      Last edited by Xander; 05 January 2011, 14:30 Wednesday.

Comment

• numberoneoppa
        • Sep 2009

^Maybe a rear firing tweeter? In any case, you don't want to ruin the "point source" nature of this beast so you wouldn't want another tweeter that required on-axis listening.

To answer the original question, yeah I have a ton of interest in these. I want to build a rear-loaded horn or TL enclosure for these when I get a chance.

=)
        -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"