X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parodielin
    • Nov 2009

Natalie P MTM Weight

I am recommending Natalie P MTM to a friend. He will be using the PE 1.0 cabinets but would like to know how much the overall system would weight once it's built.

Does anyone remember how much a Natalie MTM in PE 1.0 cabinet weight?
  • JonP
    • Apr 2006

Should be mostly the cabinet weight.

I or somebody could haul off and weigh a RS180, might be hard to guesstimate actual weight looking at shipping weights.

Haven't looked at the BOM in a long time, but depending on the inductors, the crossover should weigh 2-4lbs, very roughly speaking.

Edit: Due to an unusual attack of organization, I only had to go to two different places to find a RS180S, and RS28A. :B

By the cheezy, cheap kitchen scale:

RS180S 5.25 lbs (old, shielded version, new one will be lighter)
    RS28A 1.25 lbs

So, that's 13 lbs of drivers a side, to add to the box weight. Whatever you end up using for damping, will add a variable amount more. A light foam won't weigh much, but a full treatment with one of the multilayer types, with the heavy damping layer, could add 5-10 lbs in that larger box.

So now all you need is a good net weight on a PE 1.0 cu' box... Unfortunately, I don't have one, and the PE site doesn't post a shipping weight for us to guess net weight.

Gonna weigh a bit, probably want to think about solid stands next.

Comment

• wushuliu
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by parodielin
      I am recommending Natalie P MTM to a friend. He will be using the PE 1.0 cabinets but would like to know how much the overall system would weight once it's built.

Does anyone remember how much a Natalie MTM in PE 1.0 cabinet weight?
      I'd guesstimate about 30lbs for my Modulas. Maybe more actually because the XO weighs what, half that?

Comment

• JonP
        • Apr 2006

Heh...

Yeah, I'd think the Nat's would weigh a fair amount less... with a lower requirement of that semi-precious metal that's been on the rise lately. :W

Comment

• 1Michael
          • Sep 2006

Mine are between 40-45 pounds...
          Michael
          Chesapeake Va.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"