X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saabracer23
    • Sep 2010

Need some quick help on statements before order

Hey all I'm needing some help before I make an order from PE while some stuff is on sale. I have the new unshielded Dayton 8", I know with a smaller cabinet I will get the same bass response. To make things simple can I keep things as they are with no ill effect? Or will it be too bass heavy? I am wanting to order the crossover parts today or tomorrow. Can I still use this bom from 11/2008 or is there a more updated one?
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Dan
  • ChrisL
    • Dec 2010

Hi Dan

You may want to visit Curt's site at: http://speakerdesignworks.com/

I believe the up to date plans / BOM is there as other interesting information.

It looks like the crossover components changed from Jantzen / Mills (in the PDF you mention) to Erse components. Not sure why the change.

Chris.

Comment

• Curt C
      • Feb 2005

The geocities site has been dead for some time, as we were forced by Yahoo to 'upgrade'. Why the site is still up I don't know, but it likely won't be forever, nor can I update it... http://speakerdesignworks.com/ is the 'new' site, and should be consulted rather than the geocities site.

I believe Jim switched from Erse to Jantzen due to parts pricing and availability at that time. Use whichever you like...

C
      Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• saabracer23
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Curt C
        The geocities site has been dead for some time, as we were forced by Yahoo to 'upgrade'. Why the site is still up I don't know, but it likely won't be forever, nor can I update it... http://speakerdesignworks.com/ is the 'new' site, and should be consulted rather than the geocities site.

I believe Jim switched from Erse to Jantzen due to parts pricing and availability at that time. Use whichever you like...

C
        Thanks for the response guys, I figured it was changed due to pricing. Since there wasn't a a big difference in price I went with the Jantzen caps and everything else I went with erse. Now I just have to figure out volume...

Dan

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"