X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bboyhard
    • Dec 2010

Redesign of Statement center

The statement design caught my eye but i just cant afford the 12-18" needed for spaceing away from wall.

So i am designing a system using the same componenets (i.e. speakers.)

I have a couple of questions.

Using Jeff Bagbys Passive Xover designer I have started designing the crossover but is their something that I need to account for when it comes to placement of speaker to the wall?

I have a THT that is very loud and plan on using crossovers of the mains and the center, so with that being said would it be better to go sealed? Right now I have Polk towers and center and the mid I feel is really lacking.

Should I seal in the mid like the statements or just leave it in the open box with the other drivers?

TIA
  • Delta Dog
    • May 2009

Jed had already designed a sealed Statements Center speaker. See this Link .

DD

Comment

• bboyhard
      • Dec 2010

Yeah i saw that redesign but that is huge. It also using the 8" daytons instead of the 7" and 2 mids. Im looking to use the same components as the statements center and maybe shrink the box alittle bit. But most importantly not have to worry about the wall placement.

Comment

• Curt C
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bboyhard
        Yeah i saw that redesign but that is huge. It also using the 8" daytons instead of the 7" and 2 mids. Im looking to use the same components as the statements center and maybe shrink the box alittle bit. But most importantly not have to worry about the wall placement.
        I'm confused!
        Perhaps you could elaborate on how your version is going to use the RS225's instead of the RS180's and 2 1337's instead of one, and end up with a smaller enclosure...

Because of the sealed mids, and the near proximity to the front wall, the crossover requirements would be significantly different then any of the previous Statement designs.

Share some details, perhaps we can help...

C
        Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• 1Michael
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bboyhard
          So i am designing a system using the same componenets (i.e. speakers.)
          If you are planning on designing your own center channel Xover I would recommend that you stop now, and reevaluate exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish, and ask for some advice :T There is a little bit more to it than throwing numbers into an excel sheet...
          Michael
          Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• vettett15
            • May 2010

Guys,

Has there been any talk of what needs to be changed (if anything) with regards to Frodaddy's sealed statement center and the discontinued 295-366 driver? I saw the comments on the threads and Curt's website but I don't believe they spoke about this specific center.

Comment

• bboyhard
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Curt C
              I'm confused!
              Perhaps you could elaborate on how your version is going to use the RS225's instead of the RS180's and 2 1337's instead of one, and end up with a smaller enclosure...

Because of the sealed mids, and the near proximity to the front wall, the crossover requirements would be significantly different then any of the previous Statement designs.

Share some details, perhaps we can help...

C
              Well i was speaking on Delta Dogs suggestion of the 2rcc. I will be using the rs180 and just 1 mid like the statements center.

Main goal is to make it so i can place close to wall. i know that there is alot to designing a crossover so im kinda just jumping head first. Any pointers or suggestions would be great.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"