X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vfrjim
    • Apr 2003

Mid Q Tempest and modding amp

I recently built a Mid Q design sealed sub for my 15" Tempest and I am happy with it (so far). I was reading in the amp instructions that it has an adjustable EQ bass boost, is there any benefit to do this modification? If so, what type of sources will it benefit? Any info would be appreciated.

BTW, this Tempest ROCKS, glad I sold my old Klipsch Sub now!

Jim
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Without knowing the specifics of the mod, answering your question would be pure speculation. And that's something we don't encourage

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• vfrjim
      • Apr 2003

Here is a link to the .pdf file for the amp, please let me know your oppinion and thanks.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/300-796.pdf

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The boost mod would be beneficial; if you have run in-room frequency response plots of your subs output, and find it needs boost in the areas that the amp mods can provide.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• vfrjim
          • Apr 2003

So, I would run a frequency sweep test and use my SPL meter and plot it? Noting any frequecy that is low and by how much and do a boost on that frequency. Of course, that would be after I break in the woofer, how long should it take to breakin the woofer?

Thanks again,

Jim

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

how long should it take to breakin the woofer?
            Depends on how loud and how low it's being played. No more than a few days for most people.

Go to this website and scroll down to where is says "MEASURING SUB SPL LEVELS & USING MICROSOFT EXCEL WORKBOOK' Follow the instructions from there.

theAudioWorx
            Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• vfrjim
              • Apr 2003

Thanks Thomas

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"