X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedrivel
    • Feb 2008

2 Channel setup? Suggestions?

Been a member a while, finally have the space and equipment to start a project. My main concern is 2 channel music. The speakers will also be used with my TV, but their performance is not important for that. I will be using a power amp to drive them, not what what yet.

I was looking at the statement monitors or the mini. One of the reasons I like them is because they can be placed fairly close to the wall with the correct crossover. Any other established designs worth considering? My living room is approximately 13'x16'.

To give you an idea of what I listen to, here as some artists from my last.fm page, Townes Van Zandt, Neil Young, Neko Case, Sebastien Tellier, McCoy Tyner, J Dilla. So many styles, Rock, Country, Hip Hop, Funk, Jazz.

I'm willing to spend in the $1,000 area but would happily spend less of course. Would a subwoofer(s) be a good addition to the monitors?

Thanks in advance. :T
  • dar47
    • Nov 2008

Are these for focused listening only or do you like off excess walk around the room sound to? When I think living room I think great room. Monitors on stands okay? Do you need a 3-way? Check out Jon's Modula MTXE's, they are 3-way like and can be ported to the front or place close to the wall. I added a sub with mine but it's not needed only if you like low lows. For $800 with solid baffles these are vary nice straight on and off axes. I have heard the full statements and I liked them vary much, but those ribbons are directional.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"