X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDN CNC
    • Dec 2010

Room for one more? Sealed Statements and Center build

Hello,

New member of the forum here and also first time speaker builder. I've been looking at making some Statements for a few years now and the day has finally come! I recently finished another project of mine (a DIY CNC machine) and so I thought what better to make first on the CNC than a pair of Sealed Statements and a Center.

I decided to go with the Sealed Statements because I already have a Danley DTS-10 on sub duty so the low end is taken care of. Is there a recommended crossover setting when using a sub with the Sealed Statements?

I am in the process of having all the pieces cut out, but I will be back later with pictures and I'm sure more questions too...

A special thanks goes out to Jim and Curt, I can't wait to hear what these can do!

-Dennis
  • cbark
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DDN CNC
    Hello,

New member of the forum here and also first time speaker builder. I've been looking at making some Statements for a few years now and the day has finally come! I recently finished another project of mine (a DIY CNC machine) and so I thought what better to make first on the CNC than a pair of Sealed Statements and a Center.
    Cool! I have yet to hear anybody say the Statements were not what they expected, so I think you are pretty safe on that aspect.

Have you had a chance to play with the CNC much yet? Fun machines! There will be guys jumping in here that will be jealous because a CNC is perfect for the translam style cabinets.
    I built some controllers for that industry about 5 years ago when it was still pretty new to do the conversions of old milling machines. Also have one running on a DIY 30'x40' plasma cutter at work here.

Good luck!

Comment

• DDN CNC
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cbark
      Cool! I have yet to hear anybody say the Statements were not what they expected, so I think you are pretty safe on that aspect.

Have you had a chance to play with the CNC much yet? Fun machines! There will be guys jumping in here that will be jealous because a CNC is perfect for the translam style cabinets.
      I built some controllers for that industry about 5 years ago when it was still pretty new to do the conversions of old milling machines. Also have one running on a DIY 30'x40' plasma cutter at work here.

Good luck!
      I really just finished the CNC the other day so this is the first thing I'm doing to play with it. I can't wait to try more and learn more though, has been fun so far.

I hadn't heard of translam cabinets until you mentioned it and after looking it up, maybe it's best I've already cut everything for the L/R Statements or else I may have had a lot more work on my hands haha. I think I may have to try a translam design for a bookshelf size speaker at a later date, maybe the Statement Monitors...

After reading through some other threads about the Statements I found my answer about the crossover setting for the sub:

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
      I'd suggest you build the Statements sealed and cross to your subs around 40 Hz. Keep all cabinet dimensions the same and put a solid partition in at 40" with the bottom 15" of the cabinet empty. It would be a great place to put the crossover with an access door in the back.
      I think I will also put the crossover in a compartment underneath as well. Speaking of which, is 18 gauge wire ok for the crossover or should I use something a bit beefier? I think I have some 10 and 12 gauge lying around here as well.

Anywho, gonna cut out the pieces for the center channel tonight and start gluing tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"