X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdrowley
    • Sep 2010

JBL 4410 Replacement

I had a friend approach me with an interesting proposition so I thought I would run it past you all and see what you think. He wanted me to put together a pair of speakers for him that performed similarly or better than his old JBL 4410's.

I'm not sure what price range I'm looking at here, but I'll recommend to him what I think is best. After doing a little looking around I thought I might want to go with the Dayton RS270-8 for the low end and possibly the Tang Band W4-1337SD for the mid-range, but I don't really have an idea on what to do for the tweeter.

Anyhow, I'm open to any and all ideas. Any suggestions?
    -Ryan
  • 1Michael
    • Sep 2006

I am copying a post I made on another forum...

"Trying to create a 3way for your first project is ludicrous at best. I do not think you understand how difficult it is.
    Check these out then get back to us...
    Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/choices.htm "
    Michael
    Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• rdrowley
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by buggers
      I am copying a post I made on another forum...

"Trying to create a 3way for your first project is ludicrous at best. I do not think you understand how difficult it is.
      "
      Haha, yes I would agree, and I guess I should have been more specific. I am looking for a proven design that would be comparable. I'm not looking to design, from scratch, a new 3 way, I'm not quite up to that yet...
      -Ryan

Comment

• CllessuR
        • Aug 2009

How about the little Statement Monitor 3 way?

russellc

Comment

• 1Michael
          • Sep 2006

Ah...how much cash do you have, and how big of a box can you handle, what kind of amp have you got? etc.
          Michael
          Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• rdrowley
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by buggers
            Ah...how much cash do you have, and how big of a box can you handle, what kind of amp have you got? etc.
            I'm not sure what the budget is. I think if I can present a valid argument for something I'll be able to do it.

I think I can handle a rather large box. The 4410's that he had before aren't exactly small.

He's got stand alone amps (not sure what kind), but basically he has as much power as he could possibly need.
            -Ryan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"