X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

TB w4-1337sd 4" design??

I have seen several designs with this but with discontinued tweeters.

Does anyone have a xo for current tweeters. I like the Seas 22TAF/G
    Seas 22TAF/G

I just ordered two TB and need a plan.

Bob
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Send me a box with your 22taf-g and W4 loaded in it, and I'll work up a crossover for you for free. I'd like to replace the Lineup D4 in the Mission Accomplished section, which uses the discontinued Vifa D26.

Comment

• bobhowell
      • Jul 2008

I will start working on it.

Thanks

Bob

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

Yeah, that one wouldn't be bad to ship!

Off to go finish setting up to measure RS180's in the WWMTM's and RS150 in my MTM's before proceeding on the Garnacha... whee.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bobhowell
          I will start working on it.

Thanks

Bob

I'd build the box like the Lineup R4, and then just move the W4 up a bit closer to the tweeter, with maybe 3/16" of wood between the flanges.

If you have further questions, I won't be able to post as I'm heading to the in-laws for a day. Talk soon.

Jed

Comment

• fjhuerta
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2006

I have an MTM with a Dayton RS28 around here.
            Javier Huerta

Comment

• ultrakaz
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by fjhuerta
              I have an MTM with a Dayton RS28 around here.
              Javier, more details please (crossover, cabinet, etc.). How do they sound? Thanks.

Comment

• fjhuerta
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2006

Ugh... I never uploaded anything! I spent some time searching for it. No luck. Sorry

It was a 4th order crossover at 1.8 KHz, that much I remember. The W4's needed no break-up control. It was pretty simple. The box was ported. They sounded amazing - unfortunately, my ex brother in law kept them after the divorce. No clue as to where they are now...
                Javier Huerta

Comment

• ultrakaz
                  • Mar 2010

No problem, I was just curious. I have a speaker with the RS 28a, and even though metal, I really like this tweeter.

Comment

• bobhowell
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Jed
                    I'd build the box like the Lineup R4, and then just move the W4 up a bit closer to the tweeter, with maybe 3/16" of wood between the flanges.

If you have further questions, I won't be able to post as I'm heading to the in-laws for a day. Talk soon.

Jed
                    The Seas TAF-G crowds the baffel. This is only a big problem if you plan to vent to the front. I am considering building a sealed box, and a HT setup where it is xo to 3 subs at 150hz. Unibox shows a sealed f3 of 145 hz in 5L. This requires a 10.5" baffel, with any vent being added below. Squared off I guess it would add 2-2.5 inches, so, 12.5" total.

Also, I am planning a rounded baffel top, with a 10 inch arc. I will dig up a photo and add it soon to demo the design.

Bob Howell

Comment

• Jed
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bobhowell
                      The Seas TAF-G crowds the baffel. This is only a big problem if you plan to vent to the front. I am considering building a sealed box, and a HT setup where it is xo to 3 subs at 150hz. Unibox shows a sealed f3 of 145 hz in 5L. This requires a 10.5" baffel, with any vent being added below. Squared off I guess it would add 2-2.5 inches, so, 12.5" total.

Also, I am planning a rounded baffel top, with a 10 inch arc. I will dig up a photo and add it soon to demo the design.

Bob Howell

Sounds cool... I was just hoping we'd do something that is easily built (square corners) and replaces the D4. I'm not sure how many other people can do a rounded baffle top if they wanted to go this route.

No problem rear porting it. We don't have to maintain the slot port design.

Comment

• bobhowell
                        • Jul 2008

I have read in several 4" designs that a small tweeter face plate helps driver spacing and allows better dispersion pattern.

Might the Vifa NE line be a better choice?Vifa NE19VTA 3/4" dome

I like the Seas but it is large.

Wondering,
                        Bob

Comment

• AdelaaR
                          • Dec 2010

A new addition to the line-up series to replace the D26 would indeed be welcome.
                          I was contemplating the D4 but gave up because I couldn't find the tweeter anywhere

Comment

• Jed
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Apr 2005

The center to center spacing won't be an issue in this TM design.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"