X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeathooK
    • Nov 2010

Budget Stereo Build

Hey all, I'm new around here and just thought I'd start a build thread for my budget apartment floorstanding speakers.

Plan is to build (2) 3-way speakers with some Audax/Polydax tweeters that were given to me, Tang-Band W5-704D 5-1/4" mids, and Dayton DC250-8 10" woofers. I've already got the box all sketched up and what not, which I'll post later on in the build

I have some questions I'd like answered before I get this under way however. The tweeter and woofer are rated at 89dB @ 1W and mid is 88dB @ 1W. Is it imperative that I attenuate the tweeter and woofer w/ a resistor, or will that even be noticeable?

Has anybody had good luck with Parts Express's pre-fabbed crossovers? What are some alternatives for pre-fabbed crossovers?

Thanks!
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Might want to read what's posted in the "Resources" section of the right side of this webpage
    DIY gives music lovers and audiophiles the ultimate power. First of all, DIY speakers use the same parts, building materials (usually), and design techniques of HiFi speakers in the 4 and 5-figure range. This means you can have that "rich" sound at a fraction of the retail cost. Second, by

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"